Number of Openings
Optimal Defense Solutions is seeking a candidate to provide day-to-day troubleshooting and general network maintenance support for existing endpoint devices and to install and configure new endpoint devices for the Chronic Disease Prevention & Health Promotion Division, (CDPHPD).
- On-site Computer Repairs and Upgrades at Specified Location
- Software/Hardware Installation
- Memory upgrades
- Printer/Scanners/Cameras Installation & Configuration
- Windows/Operating System Installation/Upgrades
- Automated Backup
- Workstation Setup, Repair and Upgrades
- Hardware Warranty Support
- Virus Protection/Firewall Protection/Spyware Removal
- Virus Removal and Repair
- Disaster Recovery
- Firewall Configurations
- Privacy and Security Analysis
- Spyware Removal
- Network Installation & Repair
- Wired/Wireless Network
- File and Printer Sharing
- Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Internet Connectivity Issues
- Emergency Data Recovery
- Data Backup
- Failed Hard Drive Recovery
- Missing Data Recovery
- System File Errors
- Other Emergency IT Support
- IT Consulting
- Assist with configuring and determining hardware and software requirements for future projects as required by CDPHPD staff.
- Provide advice in procurement of new technologies.
- Other Services
- Office Relocations (IT hardware moves, network cabling to existing building lines)
Candidate shall meet and affirm the following requirements:
- Must be able to install and configure new endpoint devices that conform to standards for connecting to department secure network within the division and for which is subsequently provided the day-to-day troubleshooting and general maintenance support.
- Must be able to provide endpoint profile and configuration documentation if needed or as requested.
- Must create and assist to maintain a stable endpoint network connectivity environment which also includes proper network map and license compliance.
- Will receive minimal training from the Health Information Systems Office (HISO) at the initial launch of service and shall take responsibility for self-directed training thereafter.
- Must abide by the Office of Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) and HISO procedures & requirements for installation and reconfiguration, including the provision of necessary hardware devices at the expense of the Contractor in order to efficiently and effectively comply with ETS and HISO requirements.
- Must begin all service requests as described in the Description and Specification of Required Services within 24 hours at the specified location during normal business hours.
- Repetitive motion and long periods of standing or sitting may be required;
- Some lifting may be required up to 35 pounds.
Place and Period of Performance:
All on-site computer repairs and upgrades are to be done at the specified location within the division, which include various sites on Oahu, and will be indicated on the service request. Remote access troubleshooting and general maintenance support is strongly discouraged and only allowed when authorized by CDPHPD staff. The contract shall begin approximately on August 17, 2020.
Candidate must consent to a back screening prior to commencing work:
- Third-party employment verification – last two (2) employers
- Background check – no conviction of a violation of any law