Number of Openings
Optimal Defense Solutions is seeking a Junior Level Contract Support Specialist to provide acquisition support services for the Department of Veterans Affairs, Network Contracting Office, (NCO) 19.
- Analysis and evaluation of certified cost and pricing data and other types of pricing information, including commercial item pricing, to determine price reasonableness, preparation of contract files and electronic documentation.
- Perform acquisition planning, solicit, evaluate, negotiate, analyze, advise, and assist with contract awards, post award administration and terminations on contracts for the procurement of supplies and services, including complex contracts and high dollar acquisitions.
- Prepare contracting recommendations for the Government Contracting Officer that require research and interpretation of evolving government regulations, policies, guidance and laws.
- Solicit, evaluate, negotiate, analyze, advise, close-out, and assist with awards and modifications on contracts for the procurement of supplies and services.
- Research, analyze and review all applicable policies, guidance and regulations to support the customer and Government Contracting Officer in their decision making.
- Provide procurement assistance, advice and guidance to the customer as requested. All advice and guidance shall be approved by the Government Contracting Officer In Accordance With (IAW) Federal Acquisitions Regulation (FAR) Part 7.503(c)(12).
- Advise acquisition team as needed on price, cost, and/or financial related matters throughout the development of sourcing strategies and throughout the solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, and award of contractual actions for supplies and services.
- Provide cost and price analysis recommendations as requested regarding independent government estimates.
- Recommend business solutions for day to day contractual challenges.
- Other specific tasks shall include: Acquisition strategy planning, requirements review, PWS/SOW development in collaboration with customers, synopsis and solicitation development, preparing mandatory contract file documentation, contract management and administration.
- Must have excellent writing skills and be able to communicate orally and in writing.
- Must be familiar with FAR and Veteran Affairs Acquisition Regulation (VAAR) based procurements.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required. Coursework must have included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. Education may not be substituted for required work experience.
- At least two (2) years of recent and relevant Federal Contracting experience is necessary.
- Documented experience in and working knowledge of VA programs is preferred.
- Shall be thoroughly familiar and proficient in the use of commercial software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams.
Place of Performance:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, 6162 S. Willow Dr, Ste 300. Greenwood Village, Colorado 80108
Candidate must consent to a back screening prior to commencing work.