Number of Openings
Optimal Defense Solutions, LLC is seeking a Medical Logistics Technician to perform medical logistics activities and oversee programs in support of the Medical Readiness Division (SGX) at Headquarters MAJCOM staff in monitoring/tracking COVID-19 vaccines in PACAF’s Area of Responsibility. This position will directly work with the MAJCOM Medical Logistics Functional Manger, supporting medical logistics activities at nine military bases in Pacific Air Forces Area of Responsibility (AOR). Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures at nine bases. Support base level Medical Logistics programs including: Customer Service, Storage & Distribution, Acquisitions, Medical Equipment Management Office (MEMO), Contract Services, Patient Movement Item (PMI) Center, War Reserve Materiel (WRM), Facility Management, Consolidated Storage and Deployment Centers (CSDC), and Theater Lead Agent for Medical Materiel (TLAMM) Pacific.
- Performs support for the management of medical logistics programs to include, but not limited to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), COVID-19 vaccines, Storage & Distribution, Medical Equipment, WRM, PMI, CSDC, and TLAMM. Assists with Site Assistance Visits. Collects and compiles medical logistics data.
- Provides consultation support for all INDOPACOM exercises involving AF medical logistic assets. Evaluates and completes Memorandum of Agreements IAW Air Force Manual 41-209.
- Provides consultation support for expansion of TLAMM-Pacific and CSDC by providing medical supplies and equipment.
- Assists military bases with evaluating storage requirements to support all environmental, space, and security requirements.
- Evaluate risks of Unit Type Code (UTC) equipment shortfalls.
- Provides consultation support for base level COVID-19 Champions. Will work closely with the MTF Vaccine coordinators to aid in the coordination and distribution of vaccines. Will also coordinate needs with AFMRA/SG4M.
- Assists in determining WRM Requirements for countries and locations throughout the Indo-Pacific region. Analyzes WRM reports to validate constraints and develop planning factors to include, but not limited to scheduling, tracking and reporting on UTC equipment movement.
- Assists in monitoring and reporting base-level Personal Protection Equipment and COVID-19 vaccine trends. Ensure levels are consistent with each MTF’s population-at-risk and number of assigned providers. Coordinate cross-leveling across the 9 MTFs as needed.
- Routinely provides education and briefings to PACAF Headquarters staff, communicates Medical Logistics WRM UTC equipment status and risks to operational planners and leaders.
- Attends approx. 5 meetings a month on behalf of MAJCOM Medical Logistics leadership.
- Enters data from various sources (reports, equipment displays, printouts, forms, etc.) into the appropriate computer system. Print reports at a required interval as directed by staff. Sources include, but not Medical Readiness Decision Support System (MRDSS, Defense Medical Logistics Standard Report (DMLSS), Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Files, retrieves, and collates documentation as requested by staff.
- Assists the directorate and MTFs with other project and program management tasks. Tasks include communicating and coordinating with individuals at various levels, gathering data, overseeing task completion and reviewing or developing reports and/or presentations.
- Must have an Associate Degree in logistics or other related educational program such as healthcare management, business management OR Project Management Professional Certificate OR prior military training (AFSC 4A1X1)
- Successful completion of Medical Logistics Technical training.
- General Knowledge in and understanding of Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS), Medical Readiness Decision Support System (MRDSS).
- Knowledge and skills in English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Must have skills in operating office equipment including photocopies and facsimile machines.
- Must have proficiency in using Microsoft Office, power point, electronic databases, web-based applications, excel spreadsheets, and other computer programs.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must possess strong customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with the USAF or other military service, is strongly recommended, but not required.
- A strong professional working relationship with the MTFs, AFMRA and the Air Force Surgeon General’s Office is essential.
- Mostly sedentary work, but walking among the offices within the building is an expectation.
- All products presentations, data analysis and documents developed in the course of this effort become the property of the United States Air Force.
- The candidate shall document the efforts performed in the completion of the above tasks in separate and detailed monthly status reports (MSRs) to be delivered within the first five working days of the following month.
- Must be able to work 8 hours of services/day during the hours of 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday.
Monthly Status Reports (MSR) shall include at a minimum the following information:
Support provided during the reporting period.
Status of all Sub-tasks which may include attached copies of meeting minutes, point and working papers, etc.
Planned support activities for the next reporting period, as well as the status of all products/working papers, including planned delivery date and actual and/or anticipated delivery date.
Identify any problems, issues or delays and recommendations as to their resolution concerning those problems submitted during the interim, and any corrective action that was taken to correct identified problems.
Have a signature block for the COR and contractor, certifying that the above work has been completed for on-site client.
Annual Training: The candidate shall comply with and attend Government provided training which may include but not limited to topics such as DoD Cyber Security Awareness, Operations Security, fire protection, Privacy Act, HIPAA, and any other local training as directed.
- Candidate must provide all information required to for Background, Sex Offender and Criminal Record Checks to meet installation/facility access requirements.
- Candidate must be eligible for and obtain s SECRET Clearance
- Candidate must complete the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP), SF85P Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions information and documentation through the Internet.
- A positive report is needed as a condition of employment under this contract.
No relocation assistance provided.