Number of Openings
Optimal Defense Solutions is seeking a candidate to provide program management support at the Executive Office on Aging (EOA) for federal programs housed under the Advocacy, Education, and Outreach Section (AEOS). Programs include the Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) program, Hawaii State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), Long-term Care Ombudsman Program, and the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) Program.
- Managing a federal grant;
- Volunteer program management and coordination;
- Building partnerships with community organizations;
- Coordinating marketing activities (media, website, advertising, collateral);
- Project planning, implementation, and evaluation;
- Budget management and reporting;
- Research and data analysis experience
Candidate shall meet and affirm the following requirements:
- 1 year of related job experience in the following:
- Health care or working with Medicare or Medicaid;
- Gerontology or working directly with the older adult population;
- Older adult volunteer program management, coordination and training;
- Is patient, a good listener, and enjoys working with older adult volunteers;
- Able to train volunteers and partners on health-related topics;
- Organized and detail-oriented;
- Able to prioritize key tasks to adhere to hectic deadlines;
- Is reliable and dependable;
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, and Internet browsers;
- Must be competent with equipment and office machines such as desktop computers, laptops, conference phones, wi-fi hotspots, web-conferencing equipment, printer, copier, scanner, fax, postage machine, telephone, and other equipment as needed;
- Proficient in typing and computer skills;
- Has effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Must have professional phone etiquette and customer service skills;
- Able to work in a fast-paced office;
- Able to work during state hours: Monday through Friday, 7:45AM – 4:30PM.
- Staff support are expected to work during the EOA regular business hours of operation up to but not to exceed forty (40) hours per week except for the weeks with a State Holiday or a mandated Administrative leave.
- Weekend and evening work may be required depending on workload and coverage.
Possess a college degree in business, social work, or related field; may substitute equivalent work experience
- Repetitive motion and long periods of standing or sitting may be required;
- Some lifting may be required up to 35 pounds.
Place and Period of Performance:
Program management support services shall be performed at 250 South Hotel Street, Suite 406, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. The contract is intended to begin approximately on August 31, 2020 .
Candidate must consent to a back screening prior to commencing work:
- Education verification – highest degree earned
- Third-party employment verification – last two (2) employers
- Background check – no conviction of a violation of any law